School Bus Warranties
If you have any questions, please contact one of our Technical Support Staff.
Blue Bird Standard Limited Warranty
North America (U.S.A. & Canada)
Blue Bird Body Company (Blue Bird) warrants each bus to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal
use and service within the limits described below:
1. For a period of five (5) years from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants the:
- Interior and exterior paint adhesion to the body shell (those components forming side walls, roof, front and rear sections), doors (entrance/exit, emergency, compartments), BBCV hoods, and front/rear bumpers.
2. For a period of five (5) years/100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants the:
- Chassis frame rails and cross-members to be free from defects in structural integrity (breaking or cracking).
- Body shell (those structural metal components welded or riveted together forming floor, side walls, roof, front and rear sections) to be free from defects in structural integrity (breaking or cracking) including rust-through.
- School bus seat frames and barrier frames to be free from defects in structural integrity (breaking or cracking).
- Blue Bird emissions components not covered by the engine manufacturer conform with all U.S. federal emissions regulations at the time of manufacture and that they are free from defects in material or workmanship which would cause them not to meet the U.S. federal emissions regulations. Refer to the engine manufacturer’s limited warranty statement for emissions warranty coverage by the engine manufacturer.
3. For a period of four (4) years/50,000 miles/80,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants the:
- Front axle assembly, including king pins, I-beam, bushings and spindles, excluding brakes and axle ends.
- Rear axle assembly and differential, excluding brakes and axle ends.
4. For a period of three (3) years/36,000 miles/60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants the:
- Comfort Aire® integrated air conditioner, if equipped, subject to documented annual service inspections. Contact your Blue Bird Dealer for assistance.
5. For a period of two (2) years from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants the:
- School bus passenger and driver windows. Transit-style windows not included.
6. For a period of two (2) years from date of manufacture, Blue Bird warrants the:
- Paint gloss: Gloss reading shall not drop below 60 on 60° meter (70% of initial gloss).
- Paint color retention: Color coat shall not shift colors more than 4ΔE from the centroid of the national standard.
7. For a period of two (2) years/24,000 miles/40,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants the:
- Suspension, excluding pins and bushings.
- Driveshafts, support bearings and universal joints.
8. For a period of one (1) year/12,000 miles/20,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first from date of delivery to the original user, Blue Bird warrants:
- All other components not covered in 1-7 above, except diesel engines, propane engines/fuel systems, automatic transmissions, wheelchair lifts, non-Blue Bird air conditioners, tires, and batteries. The warranties of the diesel engine, propane engine/fuel system, automatic transmission, wheelchair lift, non-Blue Bird air conditioners, tires, and batteries, are provided solely by, and are the responsibility of, those manufacturers and are not a part of Blue Bird’s limited warranty.
Blue Bird’s obligation covered in this limited warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of such parts as shall, under normal use and service, appear to have been defective in workmanship or material. This warranty is applicable to Blue Bird bus products, All American (AFE, A3RE, D3FE, D3RE) and Vision (BBCV), that are registered and operated in the United States of America, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa. The warranty period begins on the date the bus is delivered to the original user. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferable to subsequent Owners/Operators in U.S.A. or Canada.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES. NO PERSON, INCLUDING SALESPERSONS, DEALERS, OR FACTORY REPRESENTATIVES OF BLUE BIRD, IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY CONCERNING BLUE BIRD PRODUCTS EXCEPT TO REFER PURCHASERS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. BLUE BIRD MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BLUE BIRD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Contact your Blue Bird Dealer to obtain service for your Blue Bird bus. Your Blue Bird Dealer will help arrange for repairs by the Dealer or another qualified repair facility. Defects must be reported to a Blue Bird Dealer immediately upon discovery of the defect and within the warranty period as stated herein. Defects must be repaired immediately upon discovery of the defect and within the warranty period as stated herein. Unless authorized by the Blue Bird Dealer, repairs under this limited warranty are to be performed by the Blue Bird Dealer. It is the responsibility of the Owner/Operator to return the bus to the Blue Bird Dealer, or qualified repair facility authorized by the Blue Bird Dealer for warranty repairs. All claims for warranty repairs by other than the Blue Bird Dealer must be received by the Blue Bird Dealer not later than 30 days after the repair date. The owner/operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the bus as described in the Operator’s and Service Manuals. All maintenance records should be retained by the owner/operator. Your Blue Bird Dealer will register the bus with Blue Bird and can assist with registering components that are warranted by the component manufacturers.
Blue Bird Limitations & Exclusions
In addition to the limitations described on the previous page, items specifically not covered include but are not limited to:
- Engines, automatic transmissions, wheelchair lifts, air conditioners (other than Blue Bird Comfort Aire® system), tires, and batteries. The limited warranties for these components are provided solely by and are the responsibility of those manufacturers and are not a part of Blue Bird's limited warranty.
- Loss of use and incidental consequential expenses, including but not limited to commercial loss, loss of commercial fares, driver time or pay, lease or rental of substitute vehicle, storage, lodging, meals, telephone calls and other travel costs.
- Wear, wear-out and consumption. This warranty shall not apply to any parts or components which must be repaired, replaced or adjusted during the warranty period that are due to wear, wear-out or consumption, including but not limited to brake pads and linings, drums and rotors, wiper blades, light bulbs, filters, lubricants, fluids, belts, bearings other than those specifically covered by the limited warranty, suspension pins and bushings, batteries, worn seat covers, worn steptreads and floor covering, worn door and window seals, discharged fire extinguishers, damaged (scratches, cracks) gauge and light lenses, and tires. Wear not only includes friction-type wear but can also include environmental deterioration including but not limited to surface corrosion on exhaust pipes/clamps and brake drums/rotors, as well as fading, cracking or discoloration of seat covers caused by U.V.
- Maintenance including but not limited to tightening loose fasteners, axle & wheel alignments, wheel-balancing, tightening body tie-downs, door adjustments, tightening hose clamps, and sealing/caulking windows, doors, roof hatches and lights.
- This warranty shall not apply to any parts or components which must be repaired, replaced or adjusted during the warranty period as a result of accident damage, abnormal operation, misuse and/or abuse, including but not limited to excessive operation on unpaved, un-maintained roads, operation on cross-country trails or off-road conditions, collision, fire, vandalism, explosion, objects striking the vehicle, theft, freezing, riot, flood.
- Paint adhesion, gloss and/or color failures resulting from accidents/abrasions, road chemicals, caustic detergents/cleaners, and/or improper maintenance. Paint adhesion failures, whether warrantable defects or non-warrantable events, that are not repaired immediately upon discovery of the failure may deteriorate the finish and/or panels underneath. Surface corrosion and/or other progressive deterioration as a result of not repairing paint adhesion failures immediately is not covered by this warranty. Contact your Blue Bird Dealer before making any repairs to the paint finish.
- Paint gloss and color failures without evidence of proper care and maintenance, as recommended in the Driver’s Handbook, nor repairs to correct paint gloss or color failures without preapproval by Blue Bird. Contact your Blue Bird Dealer before making any repairs to the paint finish.
- Vehicle modifications or equipment installations performed without the written approval of Blue Bird, to the extent the modifications or equipment installations adversely affect other vehicle components or performance, Blue Bird shall not accept any product liability or claims under the terms of the limited warranty. These claims become the sole responsibility of the company performing the modifications and/or installations.
- Transportation expenses to deliver the bus to a Blue Bird Dealer or nearest qualified repair facility, including but not limited to fuel, driver time/pay, mileage and towing.
- Repairs to parts or components which have been previously replaced with parts not obtained from Blue Bird or failures caused by non-Blue Bird parts or components. Rework of repairs not performed by or approved by a Blue Bird Dealer.
- Excessive labor hours, premium labor costs, overtime labor costs, local taxes. This limited warranty covers reasonable labor to perform replacement or repair.
- Defects not reported to a Blue Bird Dealer and repaired during the warranty period. Repairs are to be made immediately upon discovery of the defect.
- Damage caused by using improper or contaminated fluids, including but not limited to fuels, lubricants and coolant. Damage caused by using fluids that do not meet Blue Bird’s or the Manufacturers’ minimum recommendations. Damage caused by the lack of fluids and/or improper fluid maintenance.
- Using non-Blue Bird service parts. Usage of non-Blue Bird parts will affect future warranty coverage.
- Overloading beyond the normal seated and standee capacity voids all warranties.
Blue Bird reserves the right to make changes in design and changes or improvements upon its products without imposing any obligations upon itself to install the same upon products theretofore manufactured. Any suit alleging a breach of this limited warranty or of any other alleged warranty, including any claim for rescission or revocation of acceptance, must be filed within one year of breach.
Blue Bird Controlling Law and Severability
This Limited Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A. The owner/operator agrees and consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Georgia for all purposes regarding this Limited Warranty and further agrees and consents that venue of any action involving this Limited Warranty or any other alleged warranty, including any claim for rescission or revocation of acceptance, shall be exclusively in Peach County, Georgia. Owner/Operator hereby submits to personal jurisdiction in Peach County, Georgia and waives any objection or argument related to venue, personal jurisdiction, forum non convenience, and/or transfer. If any portion hereof is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Limited Warranty shall remain in full force and effect.
Blue Bird, P.O. Box 937, Fort Valley, GA, 31030, U.S.A., www.Blue-Bird.com , SB 2012.06
Micro Bird by Girardin School Bus Limited Body Warranty
(Starting with 2004 model year) Revised: November 27th, 2009 This edition supersedes all others.
Micro Bird Inc. warrants that each new MB "Series" bus body will be free of defects in factorysupplied
materials and/or workmanship under normal use and service within the limits below.
1. For a period of five (5) years/160,000 kilometres or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs
first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants
a. Body structure (those structural metal components welded or riveted together
forming floor, side walls, roof, front and rear sections) to be free from defects in
structural integrity (i.e. breakage or cracking) including rust-through.
b. School bus seat frames and barrier frames to be free from defects in structural
integrity (i.e. breakage or cracking).
2. For a period of one (1) year/20,000 kilometres or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs
first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants
a. Parts on a Micro Bird by Girardin other than chassis parts.
b. Accessories, or components, except those having their own separate warranty and/or those accessories or components listed under the section Exclusions (Page 2).
Micro Bird Inc. obligation covered in this Limited Body Warranty is limited to the repair or
replacement (parts and labour) of such parts as shall, under normal use and service, appear to
have been defective in workmanship or material. Without restricting the generality of this
limitation, loss of use, commercial loss, and maintenance are specifically not covered.
Micro Bird Inc. cannot and will not assume any responsibility in connection with any of its
bodies that have been altered outside the factory or without the written approval of the service
and Warranty Department. Overloading beyond the normal seated and standee capacity voids all
This limited warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties exposed or implied and all
other obligations or liabilities. No person, including salesmen, dealers, distributors, or
factory representatives of Micro Bird Inc., is authorized to make any representation or
warranty concerning Micro Bird by Girardin products except to refer purchasers to this
limited warranty. Micro Bird Inc. makes no warranty of merchantability of fitness for a
particular purpose. Micro Bird Inc. shall not be liable for incidental or consequential
This warranty is to be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the existing laws,
trade practices and uses of the province of Québec.
Micro Bird Inc. reserves the right to make changes in design and changes or improvements upon
its products without imposing any obligations upon itself to install the same upon products
Micro Bird by Girardin Warranty Claim
All warranty repairs must originate within the warranty period as stated herein and must be
submitted by an authorized Micro Bird by Girardin distributor and through Micro Bird Inc.
Service and Warranty Department. Any amounts over $200.00 must be approved prior to
repairs. A warranty repair estimate (parts and labour) must be submitted in writing for approval
(via e-mail). A detailed description of the situation and pertaining pictures shall be provided. The
authorisation form request is available on GOLS.
Repairs must be completed no later than ninety (90) days following receipt of an approval
from Micro Bird Inc.
Sublet repairs will be credited at Micro Bird Inc. standard labour rate.
Micro Bird by Girardin Exclusions
This limited warranty does not cover maintenance, wear or impact on Micro Bird by Girardin
products, including, but not limited to, flexible and rigid hoses, electric wiring and harnesses and
any other item that may show evidence of negligent use, overloading, abuse, accident, improper
maintenance or storage, improper use, or unauthorized alterations.
The following factors are beyond Micro Bird Inc. control and do not qualify for a refund pursuant
to the warranty.
a) Vehicle or parts damaged during shipping or storage;
b) Cost of missing options to meet state or province regulations. The minibus is built according to the distributor’s signed purchase order.
c) Paint damage caused by road debris, including stone chipping, environmental and
d) Transportation of vehicle for inspection and/or repair purposes;
e) Costs incurred by overtime work;
f) Troubleshooting and diagnosis time due to a lack of product knowledge;
g) Cost of replacement vehicle (similar product) during repairs under warranty;
h) Cost of transportation and communications during repairs under warranty;
i) Failure on chassis (cut away) or chassis parts;
j) Failure caused by non-Micro Bird by Girardin parts or components;
k) Normal noises, vibration, deterioration, discolouration, deformation and fading are not considered defects and not covered by any warranty.
The warranties listed by vendor are for informational overview and do not constitute a full and complete listing of warranty service by each vendor. All warranty information is subject to change without notice. Central States Bus Sales, Inc., cannot guarantee that the list provided is the most current and suggests contacting the specific vendor for more detailed and complete information covering the available warranty.