REI Bus-Watch® Mobile Video Surveillance Systems
What is BUS-WATCH® Mobile Video Survellance?
REI’s BUS-WATCH® Mobile Video Surveillance provides video evidence of the activities occurring with, on and around your vehicle. Ultimately, safety is the main concern. Think of it like a “black box” for buses. The system encourages a safe environment for passengers, drivers and equipment.
How it Benefits You
REI’s BUS-WATCH® Mobile Video Surveillance system collects video and audio through strategically positioned, high resolution color cameras with built in microphones. The driver simply has to turn on the vehicle for the system to start. The video, audio and vehicle data is then recoded to the REI mobile DVR’s hard drive or SD card.
REI offers a variety of DVRs to meet your needs. Whether you want to record hours or days of video, REI has the DVR for you. You can customize your record times and simply start your vehicle to begin recording. Plus, you can record for up to 10 hours after the vehicle is shut off.
In addition to customizing record times, you can easily mark events within REI’s software.
1. Was your vehicle over its allowed speed?
2. Was excessive braking applied?
3. Did the vehicle experience a large shock/bump?
4. Was the stop arm utilized?
5. Was the door open or closed?
6. Is your vehicle on its designated path? REI’s GPS antenna receiver provides GPS mapping using Google Maps.
Choosing the Right Solution:
The BUS-WATCH Mobile Video Surveillance system consists of a DVR, camera(s), user-friendly software and accessories to fit your application. An REI representative or dealer can assist you with putting together a system that’s right for you. Whether you need longer recording time, cameras on the outside or inside of your vehicle, a panic button, GPS mapping, integrated AVL package or additional accessories, REI has the solution for you.
Finding the right system is important, but having after-sale support is just as vital. That’s why REI’s 24-7 after-sale support sets us apart from the competition. REI sales and customer service teams are dedicated to serving you years after the sale. We simply don’t sell a system and walk away. We want you to be a satisfied REI customer for life.
Why REI’s BUS-WATCH System is Superior:
- REI has been a technology leader for over 70 years. We have thoroughly tested our products to ensure they are of the highest quality and value.
- REI builds a solid, durable, fanless DVR in an extruded aluminum chassis. Why? Our aluminum chassis disseminates heat without pulling in dust and dirt which ultimately shortens the DVRs lifespan.
- REI’s hard drive is engineered to float within the solid, durable chassis. This industrial grade mounting design protects the hard drive by absorbing the shocks and vibrations of the road.
- REI DVRs endure the harshest of weather conditions. Each of our DVR’s hard drives include an internal heater to ensure optimal performance in the most severe environments.
- The HD Series viewing software allows real time viewing of multiple vehicles.
- The convenient USB ports allows you to easily download events and triggers without removing the hard drive.
- H.264 advanced video compression allows up to a 40% increase in record time, ultimately storing more video, audio and vehicle data on your hard drive or SD card.
- Customize video quality settings and record video at different resolutions.
- Choose from a variety of accessories and options to meet your needs. Whether you’re looking for long or short recording times or an easily transportable memory unit, we have a DVR for you.
- 24-7 Technical Support. REI’s in-house employees personally handle technical support day and night. Call Technical Assistance – 877.726.4617.
REI’s Viewing Software will have you in control in no time.
Separate versions available for HD Series and SD40 DVRs
REI’s viewing software is state-of-the-art and very user-friendly. The viewing software enables you to:
- View and search video from the following sources: Hard drive, SD card, USB thumb drive, Archived video, or Remote DVR (wirelessly view recorded or live video from a remote DVR). Search examples: alarms, speed, accelerometer, GPS geo-fencing and inputs.
- Clearly and precisely view the video recorded from the high resolution cameras placed strategically in and around your vehicle.
- Graph speed, acceleration, hard breaking and other vehicle data to evaluate driver behavior and vehicle performance.
- Pinpoint specific vehicles and their routes utilizing Google Maps. View breadcrumbing of the vehicle…where it’s been, where it’s going, and its current location. Click anywhere on the vehicle route to view video at that time and location.